[mapserver-users] msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): Image handling error. Unsupported output format (image/png; bits=8)

Donald Kerr donald.kerr at dkerr.co.uk
Fri Jul 26 05:04:16 PDT 2013

Robert,

I am using the following:

OUTPUTFORMAT

      NAME "png"

      DRIVER "AGG/PNG"

      MIMETYPE "image/png"

      IMAGEMODE "RGBA"

      EXTENSION "png"

      FORMATOPTION "GAMMA=0.75"

      TRANSPARENT ON # Requires RGBA, not RGB otherwise errors. Also
requires OFFSITE 255 255 255 in LAYER

END

Or, Using Cairo (though I still have some issues with labelling using this -
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/4581):

OUTPUTFORMAT

      NAME "png"

      DRIVER "CAIRO/PNG"

      MIMETYPE "image/png"

      IMAGEMODE "RGBA"

      EXTENSION "png"

      FORMATOPTION "GAMMA=0.75"

      TRANSPARENT ON # Requires RGBA, not RGB otherwise errors. Also
requires OFFSITE 255 255 255 in LAYER

END

Regards,

Donald

Unsupported output format (image/png; bits=8)

Hello all,

I've been using the following OUTPUTFORMAT with mapserver 6:

  IMAGETYPE png

OUTPUTFORMAT

NAME "png8"

DRIVER AGG/PNG8

MIMETYPE "image/png; mode=8bit"

EXTENSION "png"

TRANSPARENT ON

IMAGEMODE RGBA

FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_FORCE=off"

FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_COLORS=256"

FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=ON"

END

It works with vector data but it does a really bad job in rendering PIXMAP
SYMBOLS, png files.
No matter what other settings I tried in the OUTPUTFORMAT, I get the same
error as stated in the subject field.

I tried every example from the documentation but anything else than what I
have above, gives me that error.

Back in Mapserver5 I was using:

       IMAGETYPE png24

OUTPUTFORMAT

 NAME 'AGGA'

 DRIVER 'AGG/PNG'

 IMAGEMODE RGBA

 MIMETYPE "image/png"

 EXTENSION "png"

END

It rendered everything ok but this does not work anymore as well.

Can you help me out in trying to fix this as to display everything smooth?

Thank you,

--
Raiz Roland Robert