[mapserver-users] How set transparency on a changed color raster

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 01:44:12 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have a black/white dataset with many rasters.
I will use all of them with a catalog and set usually the white as
transparency to see all as it was an unique raster.

Now I have the nee to serve it also with changing the black to white.
But I need to distinguish between the real white that should still be
transparency and the white caming from black original pixel that should not
be transparency.

To allow this I'm try-ing to change
the white to grey
and
black to white
and also I try to set the transparency to the grey color.

This is what I have do in the mapfile:

    TYPE raster
    TILEINDEX '/path-to-catalog/index_tiled'
    PROCESSING "BANDS=1"
    PROCESSING "NODATA=255"
    METADATA
    END
    OFFSITE 164 164 164
    OPACITY 100
    CLASSITEM "[pixel]"
    CLASS
      EXPRESSION ([pixel] = 0)
      STYLE
        COLOR 164 164 164
      END
    END
    CLASS
      EXPRESSION ([pixel] = 1)
      STYLE
        COLOR 255 255 255
      END
    END

I set the offsite to the 164 164 164 but it don't seem to understand or use
it.
It seem using always the white original color.

Any hint is welncome,

thx,

--
Andrea Peri