[mapserver-users] No Postgresql mapserver images

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Jul 29 14:16:06 PDT 2013

Hi,

Feels odd, I have "listen_addresses = '*'  " in my PostgreSQL 9.2 postgresql.conf and Mapserver works as supposed. The wildcard * should include everything, including localhost.

It comes into my mind that sometimes I have had same kind of issues when creating configuration files by using copy-paste from PDF, Word, or OpenOffice documents. Some letters may not actually be the same as they look when they go via clipboard. I guess this has also something to do with the fonts. If you are curious you may try to change the configuration back with some plain text editor and by writing the asterisk * from the keyboard for making sure that it really is an asterisk.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Michael McInnis wrote:

> Dang, how embarrassing. Following some bad online examples I had the wrong setting in the postgresql.conf file
which when corrected enabled my mapserver to properly display postgresql geometry.

/etc/postgresql/9.1/main/postgresql.conf
I had :                                                              listen_addresses = '*'
which needed to be :                                      listen_addresses = 'localhost'

Thank you for all the helpful responses in debugging this.

Michael McInnis 6033 44th Ave. N.E. Seattle, WA 98115 206 517-4701