[mapserver-users] Creating lower aeriel image cache from the best resolution tiles

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sun Jun 9 09:02:32 PDT 2013

Hi,

Have you been considering to seed the cache for aerial or satellite image layers in opposite order compered to the normal Z0, Z1, Z2... so that only the best resolution Z(max) tiles (or perhaps also Z(max-1) were requested from the WMS? The lower resolution tiles could me created by combining and resamplint tiles from the tiles of the higher zoom level in groups of 4. This should be much faster than asking lower level images from the WMS, especially if the WMS is a remote one and connection is slow. If resampling from Z+1 tiles yields to artifacts I feel that quality by resampling from Z+2 would normally be good and speed migh be still fantastic.

-Jukka Rahkonen-