[mapserver-users] SVG Symbol support

Jeff Konnen jaykayone at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 13:20:30 PDT 2013

Hi all,
we've been trying to build mapserver with SVG Symbol support on CentOS / Redhat, but we are facing the same problems as described here: http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-dev/2012-January/011901.html

We did not manage to compile mapserver 6.2.0 with SVG symbol support. When I say we, I mean Stephan Meissl maintaining http://packages.eox.at/ and myself trying to compile it from scratch on a redhat box.

The cited thread is 17 months old.
What's today's state of this issue? Has anyone managed to compile mapserver with SVG symbol support on either RedHat or CentOS?

Should it work better with 6.2.1 ?

Thanks in advance for your answers
Jeff