[mapserver-users] SVG Symbol support

Christy Nieman cnieman at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jun 25 04:33:08 PDT 2013

Hi Jeff,

I've built it on Fedora 16.  I can't find my notes from when I built the
dependencies, but it was something like:

- get libsvg 0.5 and libsvg-cairo 0.5 from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/svg2swf/files/ .  This version has
better luck rendering more complicated SVGs
- build them
- export the package config paths for them (e.g.: export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/libsvg0.5/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/libsvg-cairo0.5/lib/pkgconfig/)
- build mapserver (./configure <your options here> --with-cairo=yes
--with-libsvg-cairo=yes)

I used the system installed cairo and pixman

Christy