[mapserver-users] Σχετ: Σχετ: First attempt on Maserver

Stefanos Anastasiou emperor_stef at yahoo.gr
Mon Mar 4 11:57:14 PST 2013

less /var/www/cgi-bin  gives a very very long bash (?) that looks something like...

#! /bin/bash

# mapserv - temporary wrapper script for .libs/mapserv
# Generated by libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4.2
#
# The mapserv program cannot be directly executed until all the libtool
# libraries that it depends on are installed.
#
# This wrapper script should never be moved out of the build directory.
# If it is, it will not operate correctly.

# Sed substitution that helps us do robust quoting.  It backslashifies
# metacharacters that are still active within double-quoted strings.
sed_quote_subst='s/\([`"$\\]\)/\\\1/g'

# Be Bourne compatible
if test -n "${ZSH_VERSION+set}" && (emulate sh) >/dev/null 2>&1; then
  emulate sh
  NULLCMD=:
  # Zsh 3.x and 4.x performs word splitting on ${1+"$@"}, which

etc etc

ls -ld /usr/lib/cgi-bin/   ---->  drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Nov  8 23:37 /usr/lib/cgi-bin/

ls -l /usr/lib/cgi-bin  ----> total 0    (?? strange huh..)

I have a feeling that there has been a mistake in copying...  cp mapserv /var/www/cgi-bin/
Does this mean that mapserv file is copied into /var/www and takes the name "cgi-bin"?? because the path on my system stops at  /var/www/cgi-bin

I'm using Linux mint 13 Maya

________________________________
 Απο: Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com>
Προς: Stefanos Anastasiou <emperor_stef at yahoo.gr>; mapserver-users <mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org>
Στάλθηκε: 9:36 μ.μ. Δευτέρα, 4 Μαρτίου 2013
Θέμα: Re: Σχετ: [mapserver-users] First attempt on Maserver

Ok, my error.

You should probably NOT have the file /var/www/cgi-bin this looks very
bad. I would look at this file and see what it is doing.

less /var/www/cgi-bin

What you should have:

$ ls -ld /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Mar 16  2012 /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
$ ls -l /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
total 36
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 34461 Mar 28  2012 mapserv
$ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mapserv -v
MapServer version 6.2.0 OUTPUT=PNG
OUTPUT=JPEG SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV INPUT=JPEG
INPUT=SHAPEFILE

What Linux distribution are you running?

-Steve