[mapserver-users] Is there still a 2GB size limit on shapefiles?

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed May 8 21:32:16 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am not sure either if reading >2GB shapefiles works with the native shp reader on all platforms, but as the ticket says, you should be able to use OGR connection in the mapfile even with your current version. If you use OGR you can also split the shapefile into pieces and read them through the ogr tileindex system which may be faster sometimes.

-Jukka Rahkonen-