[mapserver-users] Problem with mapserver & python mapscript

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Tue May 14 09:01:33 PDT 2013

On May 14, 2013, at 8:57 AM, boesiii <boesiii at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have mapserver setup and working on Ubuntu 12.04 and I need to be able to
> use python mapscript so that I can use Tilecache.

You do not need to use any MapScript to use TileCache. They are two separate things. TileCache uses Python cgi in its basic set up and that works just fine with MapServer cgi. I have a fairly compute intensive mapping application that is running happily with the above arrangement.

--
Puneet Kishor
Policy Coordinator for Science and Data