[mapserver-users] Compile MapServer with ArcServer 10 support

Weisbender, Eric Weisbend at WAPA.GOV
Thu May 23 12:37:57 PDT 2013

Steve,

I Trying to MapServer with ArcServer 10 support using an EDN License.  First off, is this possible and secondly do you have an Idea of what disks I might find the include header and lib files on?

Thanks,

Eric Weisbender

-----Original Message-----
From: Lime, Steve D (MNIT) [mailto:Steve.Lime at state.mn.us]
Sent: March 18, 2013 2:04 PM
To: Weisbender, Eric; Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH; mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: RE: [mapserver-users] Compile MapServer with ArcServer 10 support (UNCLASSIFIED)

I've successfully compiled against 10.0 on SuSE 11 (64-bit). Files were part of an SDE client DVD I had access to. Looks like:

root at maps:/opt/sde/sdeexe100> ls *
etc:
services.sde

include:
pe_coordsys_from_prj.h  pedef.h     pef.h  pe_names.h  sderaster.h  sgerr.h  sqlerr.h
pe_database.h           pe_errno.h  pe.h   sdeerno.h   sdetype.h    sg.h     sqlerrors.h

lib:
concurrent.jar        libgsrvrora11g100.so  libicuuc.so.40.1  libsdedb2srvr100.so     libsg.a
icu4j_3_2.jar         libgsrvrpg100.so      libpe.a           libsdeinfsrvr100.so     libsg.so
jpe_sdk.jar           libicudata.so         libpe.so          libsdejavautil.so       libxerces-c.so
jsde_sdk.jar          libicudata.so.40      libpq.so          libsdeora10gsrvr100.so  libxerces-c.so.27
libgsrvrdb2100.so     libicudata.so.40.1    libpq.so.5        libsdeora11gsrvr100.so  libxerces-c.so.27.0
libgsrvrinf100.so     libicuuc.so           libpq.so.5.1      libsdepgsrvr100.so
libgsrvrora10g100.so  libicuuc.so.40        libsde.a          libsde.so

Compiling was pretty straight forward. I used the following SDE-related options:

  ./configure [lots of options removed] --with-sde=/opt/sde/sdeexe100 --with-sde-version=100 CFLAGS=-DSDE64

Took a while to figure out the CFLAGS.

Steve