[mapserver-users] Revisting Wiki on MapServer WFS/ArcGIS 10.1

Burgholzer, Robert (DEQ) Robert.Burgholzer at deq.virginia.gov
Thu May 30 07:43:26 PDT 2013

First off, I want to thank John Abraham for the wiki on getting WFS from Mapserver going on Arc 10.x  - https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/WFS-Server-working-with-ArcGIS-Data-Interoperability-Extensions .

I too had a layer that was working on QGis but failing on Arc10, and it was the information provided about META definitions in both MAP and LAYER sections that put me over the top.  Since the layers that I was working with were adapted from a previous project of mine, I discovered an interesting oddity (in mapserv5.6.3), namely, with a GROUP parameter in the LAYER definition, the result of loading the WFS layer added 5 features, a POINT, a LINE, a "Multipatch", a "no geometry" and a polygon layer.  I updated the wiki to reflect this bit of wierdness.

https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/WFS-Server-working-with-ArcGIS-Data-Interoperability-Extensions#troubleshooting--unexpected-behavior

Robert  Burgholzer
Surface Water Modeler
Virginia DEQ Office of Surface and Ground Water Supply
804-869-3066