[mapserver-users] MapCache "missing a service" error

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu May 30 21:49:07 PDT 2013

Hi,

Great, then you have made it.  The message means that your URL connects Mapcache as WMS service but the message is missing the compulsory WMS parameters SERVICE and REQUEST because you only did

http://192.168.56.101/mapcache/

You will see the WMS 1.1.0 capabilities document by using
http://192.168.56.101/mapcache?service=wms&version=1.1.1&request=GetCapabilities
and you should be able to use your service and see the map layers as maps with some WMS client like OpenJUMP or QGis. If the demo is installed you can also test with http://192.168.56.101/mapcache/demo/wms

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Jackey Cheung wrote