[mapserver-users] Mapserver PostGIS Points Layer coming up blank

Michael McInnis mmcinnis59 at msn.com
Fri May 31 12:52:23 PDT 2013

Dear Mapserver List,
I've progressed to the point where the following does not show any errors but the subsequent map image is blank/white.I confirmed INPUT=POSTGIS shows up with mapserv -v and I know the table is constructed properly because I can display it easily in QGIS.
Any help debugging this would be greatly appreciated.
I was successful rendering shapefiles with my mapserver installation.
Another possible clue is that if I uncomment the STYLE/SYMBOL line I get an error it can't find the following:unable to open file /ms4w/apps/gmap/htdocs/circle for reading
Install :
MapServer version 6.0.3 from MS4WPostGreSQL 9.0.13PostGIS 2.0
Map File :
MAP    NAME airports    EXTENT -180 -90 180 90    SIZE 1000 500        LAYER        CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS        NAME "airports"        CONNECTION "host=localhost dbname=Business user=#### password=#### port=5432"        PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"        DATA "geomll From airports"        STATUS ON        TYPE POINT                CLASS            NAME "airportsClass"            STYLE                #SYMBOL 'circle'                COLOR 255 22 22            END        END # Class    END # LayerEND # Map File
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/gmap/htdocs/airports.map&layer=airports&mode=map
This produces a black background with a 1000 pixel by 500 pixel white space in Firefox.