[mapserver-users] WMS Server and Custom ESPG code

Brian Fischer bfischer at houstoneng.com
Fri Nov 1 11:41:20 PDT 2013

I am trying to use MapServer 6.2.1 as a WMS server with a custom projection and espg code, but I keep getting this error message.  msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Invalid SRS given : SRS must be valid for all requested layers.

Is this supported?  I have followed these steps.

1)      Defined the custom projection with a new espg code in \ms4w\proj\nad\epsg

2)      In the mapfile, I added the reference to the Proj (CONFIG "PROJ_LIB" "E:/ms4w/proj/nad")

3)      Defined the new espg in the Web, Projection, Layer objects of the mapfile.

4)      Verified the mapfile works using the shp2img utility

Has anyone else go this to work?
Thanks!
Brian