[mapserver-users] MapCahe question -- Caching the first couple of zoom levels

James_in_Utah James.Evans at hill.af.mil
Sun Nov 24 11:49:00 PST 2013

That's kind of what we are looking for.  I would like for the first couple of
layers of the NAIP to be very responsive, especially the frequently viewed
areas, but we don't have disk space to cache the whole set, or even very
much of the whole set.  From the client side, you don't get an error if you
zoom too far.  You actually get back some sort of blank 256x256 transparent
tile.  I don't control the clients that will be hitting this, so I'm not
sure how advertise NAIP levels this deep should use the cache, while NAIP
levels a little deeper should use the WMS.