[mapserver-users] Standalone Mapserver 6.4 as WFS server - issues with responses

Lars I. Nielsen lin at hvenegaard.dk
Thu Nov 28 03:34:43 PST 2013

Hi Guillaume, list,

My "error" was trying to run a standalone 64 bit version on a 64 bit Windows, apparently.

After I replaced all DLLs and the EXE with the similar 32 bit counter parts, the requests exits as expected after processing.

I found that the 64 bit version of mapserv.exe was hanging on for 5 minutes after performing a capabilities request before exiting, even though returning the response document took less than a second.

--

So it seems there's a bug in the 64 bit version of mapserv.exe, specific to a "getcapabilities" request.

Incidently, now (in the 32 bit version) the generic "describefeaturetype" (i.e. without a typename) hangs in a similar manner, so this version is buggy as well.

Kind regards / Med venlig hilsen
Lars I. Nielsen
Landinspektør, Senior GIS Programmør og Konsulent
Hvenegaard og Jens Bo Landinspektører A/S
Rugaardsvej 55, DK-5000 Odense C
Denmark
Tel. +45 6313 5050
http://www.hvenegaard.dk