[mapserver-users] preparing orthos for Mapserver?

Worth Lutz wal3 at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 4 12:45:40 PDT 2013

I have a question on preparing a set of orthophoto tiff files for use with
MapServer.

The orthophotos are 10,000 x 10,000 pixels with 6 in. resolution.

Currently I have a tile index pointing to these files.

I'm wondering about internal tiling and overlays. Should I process these
tiles with gdal to internally tile each one and add internal overlays.

I'm thinking that the overlays would be more useful that the internal tiling
based upon the size of the current tiles.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Worth Lutz