[mapserver-users] Create a Run-time WMS Server

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Oct 25 06:24:23 PDT 2013

The URL parameter "map.layer[test]=DATA+012.tif" should work as well
with WMS as with the traditional mode=map. If it doesn't then there may
be a bug.

P.S. Your request to render arbitrary data files through a URL (without
creating a mapfile) reminded me of http://mapfart.com/ which was
presented at FOSS4G-NA earlier this year and uses mapserver under the
hood. It may not be useful for those who need a compliant WMS, but for
simpler uses just to render a data file there is real potential there.

Daniel

On 13-10-25 8:45 AM, aborruso wrote:
> Dear all,
> I have a WMS server with only one layer.
>
> I have SET a DATAPATTERN  rule and I would like it to show only the datafile
> I call with a specific URL.
>
> In mode map I can use this kind of URL:
> http://myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/temp/test.map&mode=map&map.layer[test]=DATA+012.tif
>
> It works and I have only 012.tif rendered.
>
> Is it possible to change WMS Server ar run-time? If it's yes what kind of
> SERVER URL I must set in a WMS client?
>
> I think it's wrong to use something like
> http://myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/temp/test.map&map.layer[test]=DATA+012.tif&&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
>
> Thank you
>

> --

Daniel Morissette