[mapserver-users] No points selected with queryByShape

Michael McInnis mmcinnis59 at msn.com
Tue Sep 17 14:51:13 PDT 2013

I'm baffled on this one!

I get a shape object $circle and I have a point layer $bizLayer.
I know they are both valid as they overlay as expected on my map.

When I call printBusiness to use queryByShape to get the points in the shape it always returns 0 for $numResults.

Am I missing a step somewhere?

// Get shape from point and radius
$circle = createCircle($latlonPoint,$radius);

echo 'Biz Count : ';
$bizCount = printBusiness($bizLayer,$circle);
echo $bizCount;

// Draw all the layers per basic1.map
$image=$map->draw();

// Draw circle - reads shp->draw(map,template,image);
$circle->draw($map,$emptyLayer,$image);

$image_url=$image->saveWebImage();

function printBusiness($featureLayer,$shp){

    $featureLayer->queryByShape($shp);
    $numResults = $featureLayer->getNumResults();

    if($numResults > 0){
        echo 'if';
        return $numResults;
    }else{