[mapserver-users] Paletted GeoTIFF output in 6.4 not working?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Apr 14 14:44:59 PDT 2014

I'm not sure if this will work but give it a try. You might have to wait
for Thomas to response as he would know for sure.

OUTPUTFORMAT
   NAME "GTiff"
   DRIVER GDAL/GTiff
   MIMETYPE "image/tiff"
   IMAGEMODE RGB
   EXTENSION "tif"
   FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=false"
   FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_NEW=ON"
   FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_FORCE=ON"
   FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_DITHER=OFF"
   FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_COLORS=256"
END

Also look at http://mapserver.org/mapfile/outputformat.html#outputformat
there are FORMATOPTIONs specific to GDAL/GTiff and GDAl/* that can be
passed to GDAL when the image is output.

-Steve W