[mapserver-users] Mapserver shows all nodes on a GeometryCollection

Jörg Thomsen jt at mapmedia.de
Wed Apr 16 00:55:48 PDT 2014

moin,

I don't see anything, that could cause the problem. Your architecture is
hard to understand without knowing the whole structure, viewing the
reuslts and access to the database. In my mapserver and postgis
trainings I'm always telling the participants you *can* mix
geometry-types and in in most cases it works....

So I would suggest to break it down to little pieces and rebuild your
WMS step by step:
- create a wms with only the problematic layer
- use the shape-file as data source
- import the shape-file to an new table with only the point-geometries
- ....

it's not a lot of fun, but at any step the behaviour will switch from
right to wrong (or wrong to right) and at this point point it will be
much easier to find the problem. Certainly you may post to the list
again and I am sure many of us want to know the solution. So when it
works don't forget the list :)

Jörg