[mapserver-users] Mapserver shows all nodes on a GeometryCollection

drobins d.robins at gisarts.nl
Tue Apr 15 23:40:48 PDT 2014

Hi Jörg,

I have lines, points and polygons stored in my table. The table has various
columns, one which I filter the elements on (element_type).
One of those elements is a "Voorziening", but Voorziening has points, lines
and polygon objects.

My LINE layer works fine. It only displays the lines on filter element_type
= Voorziening
My POLYGON layer works fine. It only displays the polygons on filter
element_type = Voorziening
However, my POINT layer does display the specific point objects, but also
all nodes on the line/polygon objects with element_type = Voorziening

When I set DEBUG 5 on the point layer and execute that query from the log
file into pgadmin, it only displays one result.

One thing I tried last night is to use 2 filters; one for the main
element_type and another that described the object -> objective. I was able
to filter out most of these extra points that way. Unfortunately, objective
also has point and line objects with the same name, so in a few cases I
still see the extra points.

Added the mapfile via "Upload a file", hope it adds correctly
The layer that's problematic is called
NAME "elements_voorzieningpoint"