[mapserver-users] WFS Layer and Filters Issue

geographika geographika at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 11:21:39 PDT 2014

Hi list,

I have a LAYER set up with a FILTER clause. The filtering is fine when
using WMS requests along with TIME parameters.

However when using WFS requests, with additional client-side filters
(from OpenLayers), the MapServer LAYER FILTER is replaced by the client
filter. I can see this by looking at the logs and the temporary MAP file
created by MapServer:

     FLTApplySimpleSQLFilter(): Map file after Filter was applied
C:\Users\MAPSER~1\AppData\

I would have expected any client-side filters to be appended to the
LAYER's FILTER clause rather than simply overriding it. Is this the
expected behaviour, or is this a bug? Beyond brining back unexpected
features, it may also have security implications as a user may be able
to access features a developer may think are being filtered out.

I'm using MapServer 6.4 and my LAYER is using the MSSQL plugin for
database connection.

Regards,

Seth