[mapserver-users] MapServer Errors in APACHE logs.

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Tue Apr 29 11:55:49 PDT 2014

All,

Has anyone done any work with capturing MapServer errors in APACHE?  Specifically I want to be able to tell the difference between a MapServer mis-config (textual error page) and a successful image response.   The idea is to somehow log those textual message responses in an automated way through Apache.

I'm pretty sure I could make my own custom logfile for MapServer (CGI) calls, but not so sure about textual response vs raster response filters, at least from the APACHE point of view . . ..  Is a MapServer Text based error page considered for inclusion in the Apache error log or??

Thanks.

Bobb