[mapserver-users] MapServer Errors in APACHE logs.

Schweitzer, Peter pschweitzer at usgs.gov
Tue Apr 29 12:51:32 PDT 2014

I think the problem is that mapserver is a CGI program, not a module
of Apache.  If it were a module of Apache (for example, PHP) then its
error report could be sent to the Apache error log.  But as a separate
process, it doesn't have access to the Apache log system.  OCICBW

Perhaps if mapserver could be configured to write to its own error log
the parameters it got called with, then you could more easily
associate a particular web request with the mapserver error message.
At the moment, the only way you can do that is by matching the time of
the mapserver error entry with an apache log entry with the same time.

But does mapserver actually have anything that looks like the web
request that caused it to be called?

What do you think?

Peter