[mapserver-users] yum installation of mapserver 6.2.1-5 (fedora 20)

Blaise bpicinbono at worldonline.fr
Fri Jul 4 09:31:02 PDT 2014

hi,
please Alessandro, reply to the list instead of private mailing;

it seems that in the mapserver packages of older Fedora versions, the
mapserv file was here: /usr/sbin/mapserv;
with Federa 20, the file is now: /usr/libexec/mapserver

(you can check it here:
http://www.rpmseek.com/rpm/mapserver-6.2.1-5.fc21.armv7hl.html?hl=com&cs=libfcgi.so.0:RE:0:0:0:0:0:11828979
and
http://www.rpmseek.com/rpm/mapserver-6.0.3-6.fc18.i686.html?hl=com&cs=libfcgi.so.0:RE:0:0:0:0:0:9928024
)

copy the /usr/libexec/mapserver file in /var/www/cgi-bin/ and rename it
mapserv and it should run fine;

regards
Blaise