[mapserver-users] A crash due to a space on front of a 'select' is an issue ?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sun Jul 6 06:40:38 PDT 2014

Le dimanche 06 juillet 2014 10:21:10, Andrea Peri a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I notice that when , in the mapfile,
> I define a DATA element
> like this:
>
> DATA " select field1, field2, field3 from TABLE1"
>
> notice the space before the 'select' declaration.
>
> The mapserver crash declaring to be unable to reach the data.

Is the declaration of being unable to reach the data is something like the
following ?

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.2.0" xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ogc
http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/OGC-exception.xsd">
  <ServiceException code="NoApplicableCode" locator="mapserv">
msWFSGetFeature: WFS server error. FLTApplyFilterToLayer() failed
msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. GetLayer( SELECT NAME,UNIQUE_KEY,CAPITAL,POP_RANGE
FROM popplace) failed for OGR connection `data/popplace.shp'.
  </ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

If so, that's OK I guess. We could be more tolerant with leading spaces, but
this isn't a crash, but an error message which gives some hint on where things
are wrong.

> The issue is the space in front of the select.
>
> I don't know if this happened with all the formats.
> Surely it happen with spatialite format (I use it).
>
> I don't know if this is an issue to report or simply a wrong use of
> data element.
>
> Regards,

Geospatial professional services