[mapserver-users] algorithm for line offset (-99 value)

Peter Maes thxftw at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 02:32:07 PDT 2014

Hi,

In the past we only rendered image tiles for roads, where we need the 2
lanes to be drawn separately. For this we've been using the -99 value
offset parameter.

However, now we need to use mapserver wfs on the vector side and do this
line offset on the client.

Can anyone point me to the right direction on how this is implemented?
Unfortunately I can't read c very well so digging in the mapserver source
also seems difficult.

Perhaps if I know where to look for?

Given a WKT linestring (either WGS84 or EPSG 900913) how could I offset it
a few pixels in direction of the line?

Thanks for any help or pointers.