[mapserver-users] Issues with Python Mapscript

forums forums at craniumjuice.com
Tue Jul 15 11:31:10 PDT 2014

Hi Guys:

I'm having issues with the Python implementation of mapscript.  It appears
some support is missing.
I'm using mapserver 6.4.1-2 on Arch Linux.
python2 -V 2.7.8
mapscript.MS_VERSION = 6.4.1

1)  Transparency not preserved with m.draw() on a mapObj()
Individual Layer tansparency using m.draw() when inside a style object:
mStyle = ms.styleObject()
mStyle.opacity = 50

If I do:
m.save('tmp.map')
And load the resulting map with the mapserver CGI it works fine, the layer
is at whatever transparency I set.
Map file:
CLASS
      STYLE
        COLOR 255 255 255
        OPACITY 50
        OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
      END # STYLE
END # CLASS

2) Setting labelObj().type seems to have no effect.
labelObj.type = ms.MS_TRUETYPE
labelObj.type = ms.MS_BITMAP
labelObj.type = 0
labelObj.type = 1
The resulting map definition file has:
..
TYPE BITMAP
..

3) Setting labelObj().size seems to have no effect.
the mapfile has no 'SIZE' attribute when printed out.  I do end up with a
SHADOWSIZE, which I'm guessing is default, or has to do with the BITMAP
type that's being forced.

4)  I can't seem to set a pattern.  It looks like mapscript.py includes the
functionality, but it's giving an error.  Traceback from when my code hands
it off:
    mStyle.pattern = "5 5 5 5"
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mapscript.py", line 535, in
<lambda>
    __setattr__ = lambda self, name, value: _swig_setattr(self, styleObj,
name, value)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mapscript.py", line 51, in
_swig_setattr
    return _swig_setattr_nondynamic(self,class_type,name,value,0)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mapscript.py", line 44, in
_swig_setattr_nondynamic
    if method: return method(self,value)
TypeError: in method 'styleObj_pattern_set', argument 2 of type 'double
[MS_MAXPATTERNLENGTH]'

Am I doing something wrong, or are these issues with the library/Python
implementation?

Thank you.

--
A computer without Windows is like chocolate cake without mustard.