[mapserver-users] New to Mapserver

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Jul 31 13:18:50 PDT 2014

Hi Tim,

Regarding the msLoadMap error, I would:

- try to make sure you can generate a valid map image from your mapfile
using the shp2img commandline tool (included in MS4W)

- then once you have a map image, then try to call mapserv.exe in a
browser with &MODE=browse&TEMPLATE=openlayers

- then if no errors you can configure your mapfile to serve WMS and
execute a GetCapabilities request in a browser.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/