[mapserver-users] Label BBox Computation

Debabrata Pradhan devmapit at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 23:22:50 PDT 2014

Hi,
  It has been a regular ask "Why this label is here???Why not there???".
Labels are rendered by different rules for different features.So
controlling them to perfection
only through programs is difficult. On the other hand it always feels
better when you can give manual
finishing touch to something.
  So my question is Can we have a switch for getting(printing) the label
BBox es of the label
in the map.(from maplabel.c)????But again does it worth doing that???I
believe
having a knowledge about the positions of labels on the map will enable you
to play
with interesting things.Like you can store them somewhere and and later you
can filter out
some of the label which you don't like Or you can shift the Geometry and
define a new place for
certain label.
  I don't know I may be thinking too much and end up doing nothing but to
waste time.So, any thoughts
,ideas are greatly appreciated.