[mapserver-users] PHP Mapscript Line Width Drawing Issue

Brian Walawender - NOAA Federal brian.walawender at noaa.gov
Fri Jun 6 07:10:35 PDT 2014

Hello,

I'm having an occasional php mapscript issue where lines with a width
greater than 1 are not being filled.  If I set the width to 1 one the issue
does not occur.   The link below shows two cases of this happening.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/images/crh/line_width_issue.png

The example in the lower part of the image is TIGER state data drawn from
PostGIS:

LAYER
  NAME "state"
  METADATA
      "wms_title"       "state"
  END
  PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:4269"
  END
  STATUS ON
  CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
  INCLUDE 'connection.info'
  TYPE POLYGON
  DATA "geom FROM data.tiger_state AS SUBQUERY USING UNIQUE gid USING
SRID=4269"
  CLASS
   STYLE
      WIDTH 2
      OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
   END
  END
  PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=NORMAL"
 END

The example on the right hand side of the image is a linestring:

LAYER
   NAME "line"
   METADATA
      "wms_title"       "line"
   END
   PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:4269"
   END
   STATUS ON
   CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
   INCLUDE 'connection.info'
   TYPE LINE
   DATA "geom FROM (SELECT 1 AS id, ST_GeomFromText('LINESTRING(-96 38, 97
37)') AS geom) AS SUBQUERY USING UNIQUE id USING SRID=4269"
   CLASS
    STYLE
      COLOR 0 0 0
      WIDTH 3
    END
    STYLE
    GEOMTRANSFORM 'end'
    ANGLE AUTO
    SYMBOL 'arrow'
    SIZE 22
   COLOR 0 0 0
 END
   END
   PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=NORMAL"
  END

I'm running mapserver 6.4.1 with PHP 5.3.3

MapServer version 6.4.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=GD SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=ICONV
SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=GEOS
INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Thanks.

bw

--

Brian Walawender