[mapserver-users] Question about config Mapserver to provide SOS service from postgis table/view

Miguel-Angel Manso-Callejo (UPM) m.manso at upm.es
Mon Jun 16 07:19:05 PDT 2014

Dear Till

I'm trying to publish real time steam data computed on a permanent
network of GPS stations and stored on a PostGIS DataBase.
This network have 300 stations and i want to publish individual
observation as a procedure result.

As i have informed this morning to the list, i have gotten to start the
service and made that the response to GetObservarion request offer the
O&M result.

To enable the service use in the same postgis data table to handle
several columns (observed variables) i have used sos_procedure_item as
set assefa (http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2050)

Then to solve problem to access postgis data filtering to one of the gps
station, i have put:
DATA "pos from (select pos,fecha,vap from vaporcolumna where
id='MADR13407S012') as subquery using unique fecha using srid=4326"

In order to enable time filtering to procedure values, i have put:
        "sos_timeitem" "fecha"

Then mu questions now are:

1º.- when i tryed to do request getObservation using parameter
/&procedure=urn:ogc:def:procedure/:XXX SOS don't recognize any procedure.
     How can i do to enable a procedure name in mafile configuration?

2º.- when i tryed to do a request getObservation using
&eventtime=2014-01-01T00:00:00+01/2014-01-31T00:00:00+01  SOS don't
recognize this timestamp format
     How must be set the time period to eventTime paramenter?

Regards,

Miguel A