[mapserver-users] shapeObj classIndex

Mohamed Meher TOUHAMI m.touhami at topnet.tn
Mon Jun 23 08:24:06 PDT 2014

Hi Steve,

I am using the java SWIG api.

Layer=new layerObj(map);

layer.setStatus(MapServerConstants.MS_ON);

layer.setType(MS_LAYER_TYPE.MS_LAYER_POLYGON);

layer.setConnectiontype(MS_CONNECTION_TYPE.MS_INLINE);

shapeObj shape = GeometryProxy.createObjGeometry(g.getGeometry());// creating the shapeObj Object

classObj co = SymbolProxy.createFillSymbol(map, g.getSymbol());// creating the classObj Object

shape.setClassindex(layer.insertClass(co, -1));

layer.addFeature(shape);

I found out another method using attributes

Layer=new layerObj(map);

layer.setStatus(MapServerConstants.MS_ON);

layer.setProcessing(“ITEMS=index”);

layer.setClassItem(“index”);

layer.setType(MS_LAYER_TYPE.MS_LAYER_POLYGON);

layer.setConnectiontype(MS_CONNECTION_TYPE.MS_INLINE);

shapeObj shape = GeometryProxy.createObjGeometry(g.getGeometry());// creating the shapeObj Object

classObj co = SymbolProxy.createFillSymbol(map, g.getSymbol());// creating the classObj Object

shape.initValues(1);

index=layer.insertClass(co, -1);

layer.getClass(index).setExpression(Integer.toString(index));

shape.setValue(0, Integer.toString(index) );

layer.addFeature(shape);

I add more data but I do not think performances will much suffer

I wonder if there is a better solution.

Meher