[mapserver-users] SIZEUNITS set to meters

Kalbermatten Michaël Michael.Kalbermatten at ne.ch
Tue Jun 24 08:02:20 PDT 2014

Hi list,

I'm trying to render a road given a certain width in meters.

To achieve that, I did use SIZEUNITS METERS in the LAYER definition.

I'm using this layer via WMS in QGIS. At small scales (1:10'000), this is working great, the roads is well-sized regarding its real width, but as soon as I zoom in and have a larger scale then approximately 1:5'000, then this is not working anymore and the line width stays constant the more I zoom in.

I'm using MapServer 6.0.3. I did partially copy the mapfile content hereunder.

I think that I tried almost every possible parameter combination (like using MINSIZE, MAXSIZE, MINWIDTH, and so on), but nothing seems to work...

Did anyone ever encounter that issue ? Am I doing sometime wrong ?

Best regards

Michael
MAP
    NAME "... "
    DEFRESOLUTION 96
    EXTENT 400000 100000 800000 300000

    IMAGETYPE "png"
    MAXSIZE 5120
   RESOLUTION 96

    STATUS ON
    TRANSPARENT TRUE
    UNITS METERS

LAYER
        NAME "...."
        TYPE LINE
        METADATA
            "wms_srs"             "EPSG:21781"
            "wms_title"           "...."
        END
        STATUS ON
        CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
        CONNECTION "...."
        PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
        DATA "geom from .... using unique idobj using srid=21781"
        TEMPLATE "foo"
        PROJECTION
            "init=epsg:21781"
        END