[mapserver-users] PostGIS Connection Failure

Krishna Priya Patury krishna.patury at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 06:30:44 PDT 2014

Hi All,

Any other ideas?

The map server application installed outside of my Centos VM can connect to
the Postgres database on the VM. I can also connect to the database both
from within and outside the VM using psql.

I believe the Mapserver installation on my VM is fine too as my shp2img and
running the mapserver through command line work just fine. The issue is
only when I try to connect to the database through the application from my
VM.
I do not see anything additional in the logs. I can see that the database
logs are not updated when I hit it though the application within the VM,
understandably so with the error message in the browser.

The only difference between running shp2img and the application is perhaps
the user? I was able to open a succesful connection through psql as an
'apache' user as well(User which is running the Apache server). So am not
sure what is missing.

Thanks,
Krishna.