[mapserver-users] PDF output and file naming (.pdf)

Donald Kerr donald.kerr at dkerr.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 07:15:48 PDT 2014

This is what I use (with some notes):

      # PDF

      # Required to change MIMETYPE for outputting PDFs as application/x-pdf

      OUTPUTFORMAT

            NAME "pdf"

            DRIVER "CAIRO/PDF"

            # MIMETYPE "application/x-pdf" # Original

            MIMETYPE "application/pdf" #MIME type of "application/pdf" for
pdfs as "application/x-pdf" not always recognised as pdf by browser

            IMAGEMODE "RGBA"

            EXTENSION "PDF"

            TRANSPARENT ON # Requires RGBA, not RGB otherwise errors. Also
requires OFFSITE 255 255 255 in LAYER

      END