[mapserver-users] Permission settings on htdcos

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Fri Jun 27 10:11:00 PDT 2014

The tmp folder should be owned and writable by the user the webserver is running as. You don't need to change permissions on document root, just the tmp directory. Most uses of MapServer don't require a temporary directory at all - I believe only mode=browse and saving queries use that directory. So if you just want to see a map in the browser use

  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/mapdata/2.map&mode=map

Steve