[mapserver-users] Permission settings on htdcos

Stefanos Anastasiou emperor_stef at yahoo.gr
Fri Jun 27 06:29:44 PDT 2014

Hello list..!

I'm just trying to load a simple shapefile in the browser. Both mapfile and template are located in /home/mapdata. When I try to browse:  127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/mapdata/2.map&mode=browse I get the error that says:  "msSaveImage(): Unable to access file. Failed to create output file".

I presume that it has to do with the permission settings in tmp folder in htdcocs. As far as I know it's not a good idea giving permission 666 or 777 to htdocs.  So should I handle this ?