[mapserver-users] large # of GeoTiffs mapfile/index strategy

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Jun 27 13:14:48 PDT 2014

Le vendredi 27 juin 2014 22:01:37, Rahkonen Jukka (Tike) a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Use gdaltindex with -t_srs http://www.gdal.org/gdaltindex.html and all your
> troubles are solved.

Jukka's advice is good, make sure to use MapServer 6.4 for mixed SRS support.
You'll likely have to use -t_srs EPSG:4326 to have a SRS that is compatible
with 9 UTM zones (or any other global SRS).

There's no spatial index mechanism within VRT files. If the number of files in a
VRT is reasonnably small (let's say < 100), the performance should still be OK
hopefully.

--
Geospatial professional services