[mapserver-users] Color temperature control (night-time viewing of maps)

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Mar 3 08:55:25 PST 2014

Hi Stephen,

Yes, that looks like the correct route for this, time/location settings, at least to make something work globally.  The display is for a mapping interface that will most likely be location aware.  I've found a couple of references to some LIBs for finding terminator, and I think a temperature curve could be defined based on optimum settings from day/dusk/night views to make the map readable for all (natural) lighting conditions.  At least that's a place to start.

Bobb