[mapserver-users] Need help with RFC109: Refactor Runtime Substitution

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 07:08:31 PST 2014

Hi, I'm try to check if the new RFC109 is compatible with my mapfile.

I try a fast check and seem that my mapfile dont work with RFC109.
But reading the documentation I don't understand why it don't work.

The only substitutions I have are in the CLASS section:
(the db is a spatialite accessed by OGR)

  LAYER
    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    CONNECTION "/path-to-spatialite-db/db.sqlite"
    DATA "TABLE1"
    VALIDATION
      'code' '.*'
      'default_code' ''
    END
    CLASSITEM "THE_CODE"
    CLASS
      NAME '...'
      EXPRESSION ('[the_code]' ne '%code%')
    CLASS
      NAME '.....'
      EXPRESSION ('[the_code]' eq '%code%')

I read that the only incompatible should be inside the metadata section,
AFAIK this is not  the case.
So I guess the substitution in the CLASS section should work .
But my test don't work.

I don't understand if this is a bug or a my mis-understaind of the new
RFC109.

Thx,

--
Andrea Peri