[mapserver-users] Raster Data

Newcomb, Doug doug_newcomb at fws.gov
Wed Mar 12 07:57:02 PDT 2014

Jenna,
My first thought would be to convert it to a jpeg compressed tiled  geotiff
using gdal_translate, and then add overviews using gdaladdo .

http://www.gdal.org/gdal_utilities.html

Doug

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 10:42 AM, jcwalz <jennawalz at co.stevens.mn.us> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a png raster image that I am adding to GeoMOOSE and it is about 3GB
> in size. It takes about 10 minutes for the image to show up because the
> file
> is so large. What is the best way of dealing with large images like this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jenna
>

> --

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov
The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of the
Interior.   Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.