[mapserver-users] Layer with point from X and Y columns in

Jakub Štambachr stambikk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 03:39:04 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have table in Oracle Database that contains points specified by columns X
and Y (The table also contains SDO_Geometry column but it's not always
filled with data and I'm not at liberty to modify the table).

My question is: Is it possible to specify layers with point using the
columns X and Y?

So far I have something like this and I need an alternative to replace the
DATA

TYPE POINT

CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial

CONNECTION "isypoo/password at orcl"

DATA "shape FROM (select table.shape as SHAPE from table)"

I tried the following:

DATA "shape FROM (select MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY(2001, NULL,
MDSYS.SDO_POINT_TYPE(table.x, table.Y, NULL), NULL, NULL) AS shape from
table)"

But got the following error:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'mosty'.

msOracleSpatialLayerWhichShapes(): OracleSpatial error. Error: ORA-13226:
interface not supported without a spatial index

Is there any other way of doing this without modifying the database?

Thank you for your help,

Jakub