[mapserver-users] join shp with csv

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Mar 13 05:36:19 PDT 2014

On 2014-03-13, 7:07 AM, Jörg Thomsen wrote:

> $ ogrinfo join.csv lookup -summary
>  INFO: Open of `join.csv'
>        using driver `CSV' successful.
>  FAILURE: Couldn't fetch requested layer lookup!
>
> This is my only hint but unfortunatly I don't know what ogr wants to
> tell me.

You seem to be following my examples very closely from
http://www.mapserver.org/mapfile/join.html#example-3-join-from-shape-dataset-to-csv-file
which is good, but be careful, "lookup" in my example is the OGR
layername; in your case it will be different.  You should just try
"ogrinfo join.csv" to get a list of available layers through OGR.  See
some examples of that in action:
http://mapserver.org/input/vector/ogr.html#how-to-use-ogrinfo

Good luck on the workshop!!!!

-jeff