[mapserver-users] raster layer from postgis table

Raffaele Morelli raffaele.morelli at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 03:07:11 PST 2014

Hi,

I've loaded a bunch of GTiff files into a postgis table and actually trying to
fetch tiles with a mapserver layer with a where statement in DATA definition,
eg:

DATA "PG:host=localhost port=5432 dbname='somedb' user='someuser' password='whatever' schema='someschema' table='cooltable' where'filename=dem20.tif' mode='2'"

Testing with shp2img gives an error:  msResampleGDALToMap(): no overlap ... no result.

If I remove where condition all the rasters - different extensions - in the
table are returned in the image, which is not what I want.
I didn't found anything useful in the documentation about using where statement
(which should be quite straightforward) and I really would prefer not to create
a table for those 20 rasters...

Any hints?

--
« Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus »