[mapserver-users] Annotation label with styleitem auto uses bitmap font

Jelmer Baas baas at speerit.nl
Wed Nov 5 12:39:28 PST 2014

Hi Humberto,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have not tried any encoding setting, because it's obviously using the bitmap font. Or would that force MapServer to use a TTF font? I'm also not sure where to add the "FONT" property. On the class? Or Layer? I tried both, had no effect.

I believe I may have a bigger problem, maybe MapServer is falling back to the built-in font because it can't open the TTF files, but I have no idea how to test that (or confirm or deny my suspicions, because I can't find any debugging / logging info).

Regards,
Jelmer