[mapserver-users] WFS query slow on large postgis table (and small table disappointing as well)

deduikertjes DeDuikertjes at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 7 00:34:47 PST 2014

Ok, with all the help I came to the following results:

Compile the current development version (6.5-dev) from GitHub & Install.
Results:

    Simple Spatial WFS queries require a  non-empty
<ogc:PropertyName></ogc:PropertyName>.
    Setting it too <ogc:PropertyName>foo</ogc:PropertyName> proved to be
sufficient.
    Query speed is indeed very fast now.

    Using WMS-dimensions as described on
http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_dimension.html does work in
    6.4 but not in 6.5-dev. As I have need for them I recompiled mapserver
with a
    -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/bin switch so I can run mapserver 6.4
en 6.5-dev next to each
    other. GetMap requests are routed to mapserver 6.4 and GetFeature
requests are routed to 6.5-dev.

    Using the WMS-dimensons on 6.5-dev yields the following error:

<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1"><ServiceException>
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'jan2014_low'.
msPostGISLayerWhichShapes(): Query error. Error executing query: ERROR:
operator does not exist: >= numeric
LINE 1: ...32.505600397 6790506.21879132))',900913) and (((( >= 0.90000...
                                                             ^
HINT:  No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You might
need to add explicit type casts.

</ServiceException></ServiceExceptionReport>

Its seems that the dimension parameter is not inserted in the layer filter
expression.
Should I create a bug report for this?

MArco