[mapserver-users] [mapserver-dev] Configuring TinyOWS with a standard Mapfile in OSGeo4W

samuelmesa at gmail.com samuelmesa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 18:11:45 PST 2014

Thanks for your reply. I published the WFS service configured the
config.xml file in TinyOWS. When I perform the GetCapabilities request, I
have verified that is supported transactional operations:

http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/tinyows.exe?Service=WFS&Request=GetCapabilities

<Operations>
            <Operation>Query</Operation>
            <Operation>Insert</Operation>
            <Operation>Update</Operation>
            <Operation>Delete</Operation>
</Operations>

In this case, only edits TinyOWS when I add the check_schema="0" attribute
in config.xml, according to [1].

However, when I setup TinyOWS in Mapfile file, this is not possible to
enable transactional operations.

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/OSGeo4W/httpd.d/Mapfile/bogota.map&Service=WFS&Request=GetCapabilities

<Operations>
            <Operation>Query</Operation>
</Operations>

I have set the environment variable in httpd.conf of Apacha,  according to
[2]:

SetEnv TINYOWS_MAPFILE "C:\OSGeo4W/httpd.d/Mapfile/bogota.map"

The software used is OSGeo4W x86, Mapserver 6.4.1, postgis 2.1, TinyOWS
1.1.0 and QGIS 2.4, 2.6 and 2.7 for editing.

I attached the project with all files postgis layers, the mapfile project
and configuration TinyOWS file.

Download project: http://goo.gl/BQmpYx

Thanks for your reply.

 [1]
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-users/2014-January/075869.html
 [2] http://mapserver.org/tinyows/mapfileconfig.html

:

>  Hi,
>

>  Please send your LAYER. Just to make sure that there are no typos etc.
> Check also that user you use for making a connection have
> INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE rights.
>

>  How does QGIS behave? Which QGIS version? Can you switch the layer to
> edit mode? Is just saving the changes that fails?
>

>  -Jukka Rahkonen-
>  ------------------------------
> samuelmesa wrote
>
>  I've tried to create a WFS-T service configuring TinyOWS with a standard
> Mapfile in OSGeo4W, following the instructions in [1].
>
> The connection is correct but does not enable transccionales operations,
> example using QGIS Desktop.
>
> Has anyone been able start up the WFS-T service from Mapfile and TinyOWS
> in OSGeo4W?  There are limitations on OSGeo4W to publish the WFS-T service
> with Mapfile?
>
> regards,
>
> Samuel Mesa.
>
> [1]. http://mapserver.org/tinyows/mapfileconfig.html