[mapserver-users] Mapserver as static executable

jdmorgan jdmorgan at unca.edu
Tue Nov 18 14:26:34 PST 2014

Hello,

I am trying to compile MapServer 6.4.1 on CENTOS (RHEL Linux) in as a
stand-alone static executable.  At
http://mapserver.org/installation/unix.html it says "If you want to also
build a static version of the library, the BUILD_STATIC and
LINK_STATIC_LIBMAPSERVER options can be used," therefore I have included
those parameters.  However, after I complete the MAKE and MAKE INSTALL
steps the resulting mapserv executable doesn't seem to be static.  To
test this I am doing a /ldd mapserv /which list all of the dependencies,
where I would expect none.  If anyone could provide advice that would be
great. Here is my CMAKE command:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="/usr" \
         -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH="/usr/pgsql-9.3" \
         -DWITH_CLIENT_WFS=ON \